debzbookshelf

J.J. Howard
Siege and Storm
1984

Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl

The Diary of a Young Girl - B.M. Mooyaart, Eleanor Roosevelt, Anne Frank Anne Frank has become a role model for me. Her words inspire me. While reading, I noticed many similarities between Anne and myself. She seems the kind of person I would want to be friends with.Her story is very touching. Hearing the first-hand experiences and struggles she went through made me appreciate what all the unfortunate people went through during World War II. It made me grateful for everything I have in my life.Nearly 3 years ago I got to go to the “Secret Annex” with my family. I hadn’t read her diary then, but I’d seen a movie based on it. I was really moved by the visit.I just discovered that there is a virtual tour of the “Secret Annex” on the internet, so I was able to see it again, and now I really understand what it must have been like living there.I think it’s unfair that Anne Frank’s story is so well known, but there are so many other Jews whose stories never got to be told.Anne's story gives me hope, because through all her trials, she could've been so many bad things, but she decided she would try to make the best of the situation by being positive!