debzbookshelf

J.J. Howard
Siege and Storm
1984

Don't Expect Magic

Don't Expect Magic - Kathy McCullough As I started this book the first thought that came to mind was "this seems like a Janette Rallison kind of book". It had the same quirky, magical humorous that I love. Luckily it was present throughout, which made for a highly enjoyable read.I had mixed feelings about Delaney. She started out as this tough, stubborn tom-boy, but by the end her personality had done a 180 (for the better, but still), and I had to do a double take and make sure it was the same Delaney from the beginning. I’m kind of a goody two-shoes kind of person, but I was growing to like the stubborn, irritating Delaney. I guess becoming a fairy godmother changes a person.I enjoyed seeing Delaney practice her fairy-godmother skills on her friends, especially the match-making parts. And seeing the science behind the magic was interesting.And now I feel like this is a really pathetic review, but I read it a full 3 months ago, so I can’t recall much more… Fun book! Mild language and sexual content: (Multiple instances of swearing, Crude humor, match-making (which is more hilarious than sexy), and one main character is revealed to be homosexual near the end, which isn’t bad, but something to look out for)