debzbookshelf

J.J. Howard
Siege and Storm
1984

Kat, Incorrigible

Kat, Incorrigible - Stephanie Burgis This book is a mash-up of Harry Potter, Cinderella, and Jane Austen! Doesn't that just sound exciting?!?!?!?!This was such a lovely book. It was charming and elegant, and full of spunk! Kat isn't your average 12 year old girl from Regency England. She's the most epic 12 year old girl from Regency England that the world's ever seen!Kat, along with her sisters, were completely lovely to read about. They each had their own personalities, talents, and quirks that made them so enjoyable. I loved that I could relate to them, being in the middle of a bunch of sisters. With that being said, I could see myself in Angeline, with bits of Elissa and Kat thrown in there.The plot was kind of predictable, but I didn't expect it to have a complex plot. I expected it to be a fun, simple read and it more than lived up to that.I was kind of confused about the whole Guardian thing. It wasn't explained very well and left me wondering. Hopefully things will be explained more thoroughly in book #2.