debzbookshelf

J.J. Howard
Siege and Storm
1984

Sisters Red

Sisters Red - Oh. My. Goodness. This book was so flipping fantastic! I don’t think I have words that can adequately describe my feeling!I think my favorite part of Sisters Red was seeing how the sisters interacted with each other. There aren’t many sibling duos out there is YA lit, and those I have found seemed to despise each other, so I was happy to find some sisters who actually kind of got along (most of the time) and worked together. It was also interesting to have the dual narrations, and seeing how one sister would perceive the other, and vise versa. Even those who don’t like paranormal (like me) will be blown away by the plot. It was fast-paced, full of surprises, and hinted at it’s Red Riding Hood roots, while being very much it’s own story. Some parts were a tad predictable, but so mind-blowing I didn’t care. The history behind the Fenris was fascinating, and it was interesting seeing which parts were influenced by mythology and what was solely the author’s imagination. Without giving too much away, I want to say that I think that the way the one becomes a Fenris was genius, and it was so cool seeing how they went about solving that mystery. The writing was just…wow. So deliciously wonderful I can’t even come up with the right words. I couldn’t get enough of it! Luckily, she has more books. I can’t wait for more from Jackson Pearce!Language: Moderate (Multiple d*** g** etc… (if there were “badder” words, I quickly forgot them) )Sensuality: Moderate (Rosie has a difficult relationship with Silas. Rosie takes an art class which includes a nude male model. )Violence: Heavy (Well, they’re werewolf hunters. What do you expect? Lots of blood and gore. Scarlett’s eye was ripped out as a child. Rosie is frequently used as bait for the Fenris. Lots of especially violent stuff near the end. )Recommended age: 15+