debzbookshelf

J.J. Howard
Siege and Storm
1984

The Adoration of Jenna Fox

The Adoration of Jenna Fox  - Mary E. Pearson This book was powerful, thrilling, and moving in many ways. I thought it would be some kind of loud, action-packed book. Instead, I was met by a calmer, but very intense story of life, death, and everything in between. Jenna was such a unique character. She has no memory of her life before, and feels like a stranger to her body. As the story progresses, it’s interesting to see her adapt to her new life, and slowly gain back memories of her past. The writing was very poetic. It was smooth and clean, flowing with the exciting storyline. I loved how we were in Jenna’s head, and how her thoughts are portrayed. It added another layer of depth to an already deep, moving story. There were new surprises everywhere, and while I managed to guess a lot of twists, I still missed some. I definitely found myself on the edge of my seat quite frequently. This book addresses some pretty complicated topics with care. How far is too far? If you have the power to save a life better left untouched, should you? These questions aren’t easily answered, and yet Mary E. Pearson does a beautiful job with it. An eerie prediction of where I world could be in just a few short years, The Adoration of Jenna Fox is a deep, beautiful, and powerful story about discovering your identity and purpose.