debzbookshelf

That Time I Joined the Circus
J.J. Howard
Siege and Storm
1984

Princess of the Silver Woods (Twelve Dancing Princesses)

Princess of the Silver Woods - Jessica Day George This was a wonderful close to a beautiful series of fairy tales. Jessica Day George is one of my favorite authors, and has never failed to impress me with her magic!Princess of the Silver Woods, while my least favorite of the series, still managed to win me over and earn a solid 5-star rating. It took elements of familiar tales and subtly tied them into the plot. It was interesting seeing how in each book, the fairy tale elements are approached differently. In Princess of the Midnight Ball, we see the curse of the 12 Dancing Princesses from an inside viewpoint, while in Princess of Glass we’re seeing the story unfold from the outside. Now, in Princess of the Silver Woods, it’s not as direct of a retelling, so you need to search deeper to see the underlying fairy tale.The characters, both old and new, were very memorable. The sisters relationships were very sweet. They each had their own struggles, but together they were strong enough to overcome their problems. Family relationships are practically nonexistent in YA, so it was nice to see such a strong family unit.Out of all of Jessica’s books, these are the ones I recommend the most! They are absolutely magical, with brand new takes on familiar tales. They are excellently written, with a little sprinkle of mystery and romance that will make your hearts melt.