debzbookshelf

That Time I Joined the Circus
J.J. Howard
Siege and Storm
1984

Glitch (Glitch - Trilogy)

Glitch - Heather Anastasiu Glitch was an action-packed dystopian romance, and will definitely appeal to lots of fans, but it didn’t grab me the way that I’d hoped it would.The world was very interesting, but reminded me so much of the world created by Elana Johnson in her Possession series. Leaders telling lies of the outside world, brain-washing and mind-controlling government, random teenagers developing “super” powers, and many other aspects were very similar. It was cool seeing these elements in a slightly different setting, but I soon grew tired of it.I enjoyed many of the characters, but the one person I couldn’t stand was Max. From the very start I knew there was something weird about him. He was a “glitcher” obsessed with “the Passions”. He was the ultimate jerk, and tried to force Zoe into uncomfortable situations.The plot was exciting, though confusing at times, but kept me reading. There were some pretty unexpected twists and turns that I almost didn’t spot ahead of time. I enjoyed the writing well enough; it wasn’t completely brilliant, but was still pretty crackin’ good.This book was something I could definitely see being popular among many YA readers, it just wasn’t quite my cup of tea.