debzbookshelf

That Time I Joined the Circus
J.J. Howard
Siege and Storm
1984

Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy Series #1)

Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy Series #1) - This book was bleeping brilliant! I’m struggling to find a single complaint. Everything about it was awesome. I thought it was going to be something kind of dark and creepy, and not really my thing, but instead I found a hilariously crazy paranormal adventure!The characters were incredible. They were all slightly outrageous, but almost realistic at the same time. Evie was just awesome. She could kick paranormal butt like nobody’s business, but at the same time she just wanted to be a normal teenager,and I liked that.The plot was spectacular! It never slowed down, but never went by too quickly. Even though it wasn’t exploding with big mysteries everywhere, there were quite a few small twists I never could’ve expected.And finally the writing was just perfect. It was clean and crisp, and exploding with humor. And not the cheesy irritating humor, but the kind that will make you genuinely laugh out loud. I’m looking forward to reading anything and everything that Kiersten White decides to write. Even just her bio & FAQ on her blog are hilarious!