debzbookshelf

J.J. Howard
Siege and Storm
1984

Enchanted

Enchanted - Alethea Kontis Charming, Magical, Delightful, Enchanting! That just about sums up this book. It’s easily one of my all-time favorite books. It’s the ultimate mash-up of almost every fairy tale you’ve ever heard of, and then some!From the moment I opened the book I new I was in for a real treat. I was more than right. It reminded me of exactly why I love fairy tale retellings. They breathe fresh air into beloved childhood classics in a way that makes them appealing now.I think what I loved most were the characters. They stepped right off the page and into your heart. There were all the classic fairy tale stereotypes, and so many more. They each added their own layer of richness and depth to the story, intertwining their own stories with one another.The writing swept me off my feet and carried me through the most breathtaking plot I ever laid eyes on. It was very smooth and flowed effortlessly. There were so many twists and turns that even I, being a fairy tale expert, couldn’t spot them all. It takes a true master to do that.If you’ve ever read a fairy tale, or thought about reading one, or even if you’ve lived under a rock your whole life, you need to read this book! You won’t regret it!