debzbookshelf

J.J. Howard
Siege and Storm
1984

Rapunzel's Revenge

Rapunzel's Revenge - Dean Hale;Shannon Hale Originally posted on Debz BookshelfFor some reason I convinced myself I wouldn’t like this book. Being a graphic novel, I thought that the writing wouldn’t be that good, because it would rely too much on the pictures to tell the story. And from the few low resolution images I’d seen on the internet, I thought the illustrations were only gonna be so-so. I was SOOOOO wrong. This might just be my favorite Hale book!This book told a story that anyone would want to listen to. I read this as a bedtime story to my little sister, and she kept asking for more and more. She loved all the pictures and jokes. She was turning pages faster than I could read them!The words and pictures worked together so well. On their own, they could tell an okay story, but together they told an amazing story!The illustrations were completely awesome. They were so unique and intricate, and I just wanted to spend 20 minutes staring at each and every page, to absorb all the wonderfulness!The writing was so much fun. There was lots of humor that kept the story light, while there was also some deep stuff to keep it feeling real.There’s something in this book for everyone, no matter their age!